Saturday, July 08, 2006

14. "Thranitic Lament"

I dreamed in Zubenelg my car defaced.
I wake to livid suicide of an
age.

More than our aspirations there were
razed,
And in their ruins further fevers
rage.

What could we build, when all we dream is
gain
Snatched from the crashing breakers on Time's
shore?

Outside my door harsh barking squalls mort
main.
I know what i have done & what's in
store.

In Zubenelg i'd planned a perfect
state:
I'd learn to walk, & let my car
decay.

No use in Shuttilon to
ruminate,
You pause for half a breath--you're blown
away.

Once i believed in times when one could
choose
But that belief i had no choice but to
lose.

1 Comments:

Blogger michael said...

endwords of Shakespeare lxiv.

"Shuttilon" represents Dallas, "Zubenelg" Seattle.

m.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home