Saturday, October 28, 2017

the silence of the bugs


(by @meganabbott on tw)

Foucault in Death Valley.

so much hostility in the comments. i just finished trying to read a rohingya thread. it didn't even degenerate, it started out at boiling. we are losing the ability to converse among ourselves without shouting.

The short, strange music career of Leonard Nimoy.

    cusp between seasons:
venal air, viral nave, cry
    of children playing

car moves without a signal
into my lane, then drifts back

    music from Twin Peaks
CD in my car · never
    had vinyl of this

slice strata of remembrance
hand tingle, more now than not

    still dream of sitting
down at my old typewriter,
    write what?--the dream stops--

cats i hardly know their names
look at me inquiringly

    visit my father
who will show me the sketched plan
    he won't carry out

tow truck towing a tow truck
a moment to figure it

    i know i watched smoke
boil out between the buildings
    on a CRT

yellow against cerulean
for a delicate moment

    days to come are blank
i can't even drive for a
    mile without braking

how can my love be so far
in this crystal air of fall

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home