Friday, April 19, 2019

95. two clowns remain at large


(by "O Ocampo '98" @ Dallas Barber College on Jefferson in Oak Cliff)

"With thickening darkness closed the doubtful day" --"Pope's" Odyssey

"Ants appear in nearly every one of the prose pieces."

(hearing the song now
i chance to recall
how it would have moved me

seeming to describe
whoever held my heart at the time

can barely remember her
still love the song

that's how it goes
in the Festival of the Falling King

yet there was a time
i was swept up
to the seventh heaven

with her help)

"As I’ve grown as a writer and a human being, existing in an uncertain time – with climate change and nationalism threatening to re-forge the landscape of human civilization as we know it – my outlook on the world and the genre has shifted from one of distaste for all things sweet and syrupy to embracing the moral compass and real heroics of the people around me."


(via noealzii on tumblr)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home