Sunday, April 19, 2020

knit for victory


(via 360 visio on fb)

"...and night is nothing but a long-drawn sigh between hammer-strokes, a deep breath--you can hear it from an open window even in the heart of London." --Jacob's Room

Aramaic Psalm.

rubric: Celtic KNOT
my guts, the road's end NIGH
& frantic to OGLE

cars out front, neighbors THEY
hide their gaze of AWLS;
in the internet, WRAP

bookmiles-strider LAME
hazes & sunlight SPEW
wizard's purpose SAGS

creaking the world's AXLE
piled-up-body GLUT
our course t'ward Romefall SETS

depends on each PLEB
Krakatoa LAVA
not to splash EVER

pantry growing more BARE

"You might not expect a novel about the Thirty Years’ War to be entertaining, much less funny." (via lanny quarles on fb)

"Methinks I have outlived myself, and begin to be weary of the sun: I have shaken hands with delight in my warm blood and canicular days: I perceive I do anticipate the vices of age; the world to me is but a dream or mock show, and we all therein but pantaloons and antics, to my feverer contemplations." --Religio Medici


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home