Monday, August 24, 2020

the tribe that was mad for games (day 167)


Zone of Irreversible Strain.

"there is no folly of the beasts of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men" --@MobyDickAtSea

Bury me in a Free Land.

My ears do no tartan odor SEAMY
cacerolazo EERIE
in the defunct ARENA
where i'm a zero MINER

for long-ago-lost threads these scissors YEARN
(sounds of snipping ABATE)
ev'rything readworthy BOXED
derision for the AXING

all-provided, strangely TENSE
this gig impalpably EDGED

The Jetty.

"Ah dearest dame (quoth he) how might I see
The thing, that might not be, and yet was donne?"

--The Faerie Queene

"It made me realize, as did the Edith Piaf record in Jean Eustache’s The Mother and the Whore, that the single most important aesthetic effect was the ability to slow down time. I have spent my entire life attempting to arrive at such moments with words."


(via)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home