Monday, June 20, 2016

acing jells us


(Dead Horse Point, via Google Maps)

11 famous illeists.

"Nothing can be truly replicated. Not a love, not a jewel, not a single line." --Patti Smith, M Train

30 minutes of The Day The Clown Cried (or so).

"How do you make a scientific argument for the conclusion that no scientific argument ever convinces anyone?" --Michael Lynch, in: Philosophy at 3 A. M.

5 strange books.

"Some of the other animals seem to have moments of pride, but they don't seem in general to think of themselves as worthy or unworthy beings. some of them certainly want to be loved, but I don't think they worry about being lovable." --Christine Korsgaard, op cit


Victorian Muslims of Britain.

"Hawks are not your friends and do not want to be." --Harry Crews


"I wonder if I would have been a good detective. It kills me to say it, but I don't think so. I'm not the observant type." --M Train

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home